There are many ways to participate in APSA. Opportunities include serving on one of APSA's standing or award committees, leading an Organized Section, presenting a paper at the Annual Meeting, chairing or being a discussant on an Annual Meeting panel, publishing in APSR, Perspectives, or PS, reviewing books and articles for APSR, Perspectives, and PS, participating in related groups that offer programs at the Annual Meetings, serving as a Council member, staying informed about the discipline through the APSA website and PS, suggesting new programs and services to the Council and the national office, and critiquing existing programs and services.
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
Organized sections: Collaborate with scholars in over 40 specific field of political science
Meetings: Learn from colleagues, share new ideas, and meet prospective employers and colleagues
eJobs: Find jobs, post your C.V., and arrange interviews at APSA’s annual meeting
MyAPSA: Access and find members, programs, and faculty
GAIN ACCESS TO SCHOLARLY TEACHING RESOURCES
Teaching and Learning Conference: Learn and explore scholarly workshops and panels, and discuss best practices for engaging and training students in the political science classroom.
APSA Annual Meeting: Learn about the APSA Annual Meeting and it's contribution to political science.
APSA Connect: Locate, connect and start conversations quickly with other members; share resources; stay up to date in the subjects you care about most by joining member communities.
APSA Journals: APSR, Perspectives on Politics, and PS: Political Science and Politics, available in print and online. Plus, many organized sections publish their own journals.
- APSA Member Bookshelf: Access FREE digital books with the new Member Bookshelf! Currently featuring the digital book release of Teaching Civic Engagement: From Student to Active Citizen, the Member Bookshelf provides an expanding list of titles.
- Cambridge Digital Archive: FREE access to all of APSA journals' digital archive, from the 1900's to the present.
- JSTOR: For a $15 annual subscription rate, you have access to one of the most trusted online resources for information and knowledge. You are entitled access to a vast digital archive to the following head titles:
- American Political Science Review
- PS: Political Science and Politics
- Proceedings of the American Political Science Association
- Perspectives on Politics
- Political Science Quarterly
- Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science
*Please note that JSTOR subscriptions are co-terminus with your APSA Membership.
INCREASE YOUR VISIBILITY
Access opportunities: APSA gives you more opportunities to not only be published, but also to review articles and books in our leading political science journals
Stay connected: APSA connects you with other scholars and students year round via APSA Connect.
Share your work: Present your research or participate in a panel at the annual meeting in front of 6,000+ attendees
Become a leader: Participate in the leadership of an organized section.
Volunteer: Serve on the APSA Council, one of the standing committees or an award committee.
SAVE MONEY WITH MEMBER DISCOUNTS
Meetings: APSA Annual Meeting: discounted registration fees and hotel room rates in the APSA discounted blocks
Publications: APSA publications, including directories, research and professional guides, instructional resources, software, and more.
The Congressional Staff Directory, the Federal Staff Directory, and the Judicial staff Directory with CQ Press.
- Receive a 20% discount off the price of all books published by the Cambridge University Press.
Interdisciplinary membership: Membership dues in other academic associations
- American Sociological Association. Current APSA members who join as new or lapsed members of ASA can join at a discounted membership fee of $85. Includes associate (non-voting) membership for 2016 (January 1-December 31, 2016), a print subscription to the American Sociological Review journal, online access to all ASA journals, theTRAILS database of teaching resources, and other benefits of membership. Regularly $103, save $18 for a limited time with valid promotion code. Plus, save 45 percent off meeting registration fees. Join ASA today.
- American Historical Association. Current APSA members can join AHA as an Associate Member at a discounted membership fee of $93 for one year or $279 for 3 years. Join using the APSA membership form and select American Historical Association member dues under Interdisciplinary Memberships.
- International Political Science Association. Members can join IPSA through the APSA membership form at any time by selecting any category of International Political Science Association member dues under Interdisciplinary Memberships.
- Discounts on Car Rental Services: Current APSA members receive a 10% discount on car rentals booked through Alamo Rent A Car. Use Contract ID number 706768 at checkout to receive your discount.
- Discounts with Office Depot/OfficeMax and other premier suppliers: APSA has partnered with Office Depot/OfficeMax and other premier suppliers to bring you significant savings on products and services you use everyday:
- 93,000 additional products discounted below retail
- Substantial savings on COPY & PRINT SERVICES: 2.5 cents BW | 22 cents Full Color
- Reusable in-store savings card: get your exclusive discounts in stores
Order additional cards for your family and staff, too
- Exclusive Monthly Specials for online orders
- Coupon Central: we clip, save your coupons in one place
- Free next-day delivery on online orders of $50 or more
- Personalized customer service, typically reserved only for the largest customers
- Significant discounts from these great suppliers:
Click here to enroll for savings from these great suppliers!
*APSA Membership Refund Policy: Membership may be cancelled by contacting the APSA membership department by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail; however, APSA does not offer refunds for cancelled memberships.