The committee on the status of Asian Pacific Americans in the profession develops and promotes activities concerning the professional development of Asian-Pacific Americans within the political science discipline.
Term expiring August 31, 2019:
- Carrie Liu Currier, Texas Christian University
- James Lai, Santa Clara University, chair
Term expiring August 31, 2020:
- Tsung Chi, Occidental College
- Zhiqun Zhu, Bucknell University
Term expiring August 31, 2021:
- Nicole Filler, Highline College
- Cara Wong, University of Illinois
Previous Roundtables or Panels at APSA Annual Meeting:
- 2018 Roundtable: Finding Success in the Academy
- 2018 Panel: Asian American Identity Formation and Politics: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives
- 2017 Panel: The
2016 National Asian American Survey and the State of AAPI Politics
- 2016 Panel: In Memory of Don Nakanishi: Asian American Voting and Empowerment
- 2015 Roundtable: Diversity and Asian-American Community Involvement: Past, Present, and Future
- 2014 Panel: Asian American Civic Engagement in 2014 and Beyond
- 2013 Review of introductory American Government/Politics textbook (completed and will be posted during the fall of 2014)
- 2012 Roundtable: Asian Americans in U.S. Electoral Politics/The Pew Report
- 2011 Roundtable: Asian American Identity and Politics
- 2009 Panel 1 Roundtable on the 2008 National Asian Pacific American in the Profession
- Okiyoshi Takeda (2016) A Model Minority? The Misrepresentatoin and Underrepresentation of Asian Pacific Americans in Introductory American Government Textbooks. Journal of Political Science Education, 12: 4, 387-402, DOI:10.1080/15512169.2016.1142449.
- Okiyoshi Takeda (2015) A Forgotten Minority? A Content Analysis of Asian Pacific Americans in Introductory American Government Textbooks, by Okiyoshi Takeda, Aoyama Gakuin University. PS: Political Science and Politics, July 2015.
- "Symposium: Asian American Americans and the New Minority Politics" PS: Political Science and Politics, September 2001.
- “Small Spaces for Different Faces: Political Science Scholarship on Asian Pacific Americans” by Andrew L. Aoki, Okiyoshi Takeda, PS: Political Science and Politics, September 2004.
Related Programs and Activities: