A travel grant from APSA can cover the following costs:
- Ticket and cab fare: Economy bus, train, and plane tickets are covered. Conference related cab fare around San Francisco is also covered.
- Mileage: Mileage to the conference is reimbursable with a document showing the distance of your trip, should you travel to the Annual Meeting by car. Mileage is reimbursable at the 2020 IRS standard mileage of 57.5 cents per mile traveled.
- APSA accepts printed directions from sites like Google Maps as documentation of your mileage.
- You must also demonstrate that the cost of your mileage is less than the cost of a flight. As proof, APSA accepts a printed copy of the cost of a flight to San Francisco on the days that you plan to travel.
- Hotels: The cost of a stay in a hotel, hostel, or other rented lodging such as Airbnb during the conference is covered.
- Meals: The cost of meals during the conference is covered.
An APSA travel grant does not, however, cover any of the following costs:
- Business or first-class tickets.
- Rental cars.
- Gasoline: Receipts for gas are not accepted. For APSA to cover the cost of a car trip to the conference, you must provide your mileage using the instructions above.
- Registration or APSA Membership: APSA cannot apply grant funds toward the cost of a membership or registration for the Annual Meeting.
For a downloadable copy of APSA's travel grant policy, please click here.