Thank you for your interest in the APSA Teaching and Learning Conference (TLC)!
The APSA Council has voted to hold APSA's Teaching & Learning Conference every two years, rather than on an annual basis. The next stand-alone conference will take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque from February 7-9. More information on registration, housing, travel grants, and the call for proposals is available below and on the conference website.
Join us in Albuquerque for the 2020 APSA 2020 APSA Teaching and Learning Conference, February 7-9, 2020 | Register Now!
The 2020 APSA Teaching & Learning Conference theme is “Teaching to Empower Students.” As students encounter an often tumultuous reality that includes an evolving academy, uncertain job markets, and an increasingly contentious political sphere, how can we empower them to thrive in their educational and individual pursuits and ensure that they are prepared to solve tomorrow’s problems? Specifically, what teaching and learning strategies can we employ to build the skills and confidence our students will need?
We encourage submissions that explore the ways we use our teaching and programs to empower our students as individuals, scholars, and citizens. Learn more about the conference and view the full call for proposals.
Click here to Register Now!
- Registration for the 2020 APSA Teaching & Learning Conference (TLC) is open! View rates and register now! here
- Awards: Applications for the 2020 TLC Awards closed on November 15, 2019.
- The Michael Brintnall Teaching & Learning Award supports attendance at the conference. The award may include conference registration fees and a one-year complimentary APSA membership. Contingent faculty, non-tenure track faculty, and faculty whose departments do not provide travel support are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The CQ Press Award for Teaching Innovation recognizes a political scientist who has developed an effective new approach to teaching in the discipline. The award seeks to honor a wide range of new directions in teaching.
TLC 2020 Travel Grant Applications: Submission window closed.
- Travel Grants: APSA is pleased to provide travel grants to assist scholars in attending the 2020 APSA Teaching & Learning Conference in Albuquerque, NM. All attendees are eligible; however, first-time attendees, graduate students, unemployed members, international scholars, community college faculty, and contingent faculty will be prioritized, as will meeting presenters. The application window is now closed.