See the current RBSI Scholars here!
About the RBSI Program
Named in honor of the 1950 Nobel Peace Prize winner, former APSA President, and the first African American to receive a PhD in political science, Dr. Ralph J. Bunche, the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute (RBSI) encourages students to pursue academic careers in political science. The RBSI does this by:
- Enhancing writing, research, and analytical skills to increase competitiveness in the application and financial aid process for graduate school;
- Developing statistical skills for data analysis used in political science;
- Exposing participants to the significant questions in the discipline and profession of political science;
- Introducing participants to leading political scientists; and
- Educating participants about political science career opportunities and encouraging their application to doctoral programs in political science.
* Learn more about the RBSI Program
* Learn about the RBSI 30th Anniversary
* Learn about the Ralph Bunche Award
* Learn about the RBSI Advisory Committee
The 2019 Application cycle is now closed.
Nadia Brown, PhD
Associate Professor, Purdue University
RBSI Class of 2003
"The skills I learned at RBSI were a crucial foundation that enabled me to be successful in graduate school at Rutgers University. The knowledge gained at RBSI and connections that I made through the program have helped me to produce innovative scholarship on Black women political elites."
See more RBSI Alumni Reflections