Celebrating 30 Years of Excellence!
- • 2016 RBSI Program Dates: May 29, 2016 - June 30, 2016
- • 2016 RBSI Recruitment Fair: June 17, 2016. (For More information on participating, contact [email protected])
The RBSI Legacy: 30 Years of Excellence
APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute (RBSI) Alumni share their experiences and how the RBSI Program influenced their careers.Read the inspiring reflections below and learn more about the discipline-wide impact and legacy of the APSA RBSI Program.
RBSI Alumni Reflections on the RBSI Program and the 30th Anniversary
- • Nadia Brown, Associate Professor, Purdue University, RBSI Class of 2003
- • Muhammad Idris, Postdoc, PERFORM, RBSI Class of 2010
- • Sherri Wallace, Associate Professor, University of Louisville, RBSI Class of 1988
- • Vesla Weaver, Associate Professor, Yale University, RBSI Class of 2000
Stay tuned for alumni reflections from the following RBSI Alumni!
About the RBSI Program
Named in honor of the 1950 Nobel Peace Prize winner, former APSA President, and the first African American to receive a PhD in political science, Dr. Ralph J. Bunche, the RBSI encourages students to pursue academic careers in political science by enhancing writing, research, and analytical skills to increase competitiveness in the application and financial aid process for graduate school; developing statistical skills for data analysis used in political science; exposing participants to the significant questions in the discipline and profession of political science; introducing participants to leading political scientists; and educating participants about political science career opportunities and encouraging their application to doctoral programs in political science.
The 2015 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
The 2015 APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute (RBSI), under the direction of Paula D. McClain, was held at Duke University from June 1-July 2. Twelve students (listed below) participated in the graduate and research methodology training program by completing two courses and conducting original political science research. Rodney Hero, APSA president, was on hand to speak at the closing banquet on July 2, 2015. Six RBSI Scholars were selected to present their research posters at the 2015 APSA Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
Photo credit: Shaun King, Duke University
Video credit: Shaun King, Duke University
Learn about the 2015 RBSI Scholars
- • Jordan Carter, Jackson State University
- • Brandon Chapman, College of Charleston
- • Kennia Coronado, University ofWisconsin-Milwaukee
- • Marty Davidson, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- • Jesiel M. Díaz-Colón, University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez
- • Kaneesha Johnson, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- • Jesse Lopez, University of California-Berkeley
- • Michelle Ngirbabul, Cornell College
- • Isaura Peña, Willamette University
- • Alexis Schramm, University ofCincinnati
Isaac Singleton, Jr., Saint Louis University
- • Romelia Solano, University ofIllinois
VIEW MORE PHOTOS FROM THE 2015 APSA RBSI PROGRAM HERE.
Photos by Shaun King, Duke University Multimedia Specialist
For more information about the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute, please view the program information page.