A travel grant from APSA can cover the following costs:
- Ticket and cab fare: Economy bus, train, and plane tickets are covered by the travel grant. Conference related cab fare around Philadelphia is also covered.
- Mileage: Mileage to the conference is reimbursable with a document showing the distance of your trip, should you travel to the Conference by car. Mileage is reimbursable at the current IRS standard mileage of 54 cents per mile traveled.
- APSA accepts printed directions from sites like MapQuest, Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, or Bing Maps as documentation of your mileage.
- You must also demonstrate that your mileage is less than the cost of a flight. As proof, APSA accepts a printed copy of the cost of a flight to Philadelphia on the day that you plan to travel.
- Hotels: The costs of a stay in a hotel, hostel, or other rented lodging such as Airbnb during the conference are covered by a travel grant.
- Meals: The costs of meals during the conference are covered by a travel grant.
An APSA travel grant does not, however, cover any of the following costs:
- Business or first-class tickets: Business or first-class tickets for a train or plane are not covered.
- Rental cars: Rental cars are not covered by an APSA travel grant.
- Gasoline: Receipts for gas are not accepted, if you travel to the Conference by car. For APSA to cover the costs of a car trip, you must provide your mileage to the Association using the instructions above.
- Alcohol: APSA does not reimburse receipts for alcoholic beverages.
- Registration: APSA cannot apply your grant funds toward the cost of your registration for the conference.
For a downloadable copy of APSA's travel grant policy, please click here.