The Consortium of Social Science Associations (COSSA) is an advocacy organization supported by more than 100 professional associations, scientific societies, universities and research institutions, including the APSA. COSSA promotes attention to and federal funding for the social and behavioral sciences. It serves as a bridge between the academic research community and the Washington policymaking community. Its members consist of more than 100 professional associations, scientific societies, universities, and research centers and institutes. In its many activities, COSSA:
- represents the needs and interests of social and behavioral scientists;
- educates federal officials about social and behavioral science;
- informs the science community about relevant federal policies,
- cooperates with other science and education groups in pursuit of common goals.
Biweekly Washington Update: http://www.cossa.org/communication/update.shtml
This newsletter covers:
- federal policies and debates relevant to social and behavioral scientists;
- sources of federal support for research;
- the administration’s funding request for each fiscal year in a special budget issue.