The Departmental Services Program (DSP) provides a forum for political science departments large and small to address common issues, and plan and develop publications and services for chairs, faculty, and students. The program, overseen by the Departmental Services Committee, supports political science teaching, scholarship, and service, and provides resources for department chairs.
Join the over 500 departments of varying sizes and types that participate in this program and benefit from this special connection to the discipline.
Departmental Member Benefits
The APSA Departmental Services Program is pleased to offer the following new benefits for department members starting in the 2016-2017 academic year:
- Department Sponsored Student Members: Through the department-sponsored membership program, Masters and Ph.D.students enrolled in a program with an active departmental membership are eligible for a discount on membership each year. Click here for more information!
- Resource Guide for Department Chairs: A new resource guide with 30+ pages of links to articles and information for chairs of political science departments.
- Virtual Campus Visits: On-demand webinars for departmental members and their faculty and students on a select range of topics, including: diversity and inclusion, research and data on the discipline, non-academic career paths for PhDs, media communications training for faculty, and more!
- External Review Program for Tenure and Promotion: This new program will help member departments find external reviewers for tenure and promotion cases.
- Department Profiles: Increase your department’s visibility! Have you department profiled on Political Science Now.
- Discount on the Department Chair journal: Department members qualify to receive 20% off this Wiley journal.
- Meeting space at APSA Headquarters: Looking for meeting space in Washington, DC? Conference space at APSA headquarters is free for member departments (subject to availability).
- Webinars for Department Chairs: Members are invited to participate in periodic webinars on a range of topics relevant to department chairs.
Click here for the full range of department benefits.
Jobs & Careers in Political Science
The eJobs platform
is the most comprehensive database of jobs related to political science and is accessible to all members. The database is updated daily with new job listings and candidate resumes, and is fully searchable by field of interest, employer or candidate name, region, keyword, position, salary, institution type, and most recent postings. Departmental members gain free access to the eJobs platform and may post jobs at no additional charge.
Interview Service: APSA provides space for employers who have posted an eJobs listing to interview candidates at the annual meeting. The service is provided as a complimentary member benefit to Departmental Services members with posted eJobs. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Careers Resources: Resources aimed at undergraduate and graduate students are available through APSA. There are both online and printable materials available here.
Note: If the department is not current/active member, then they will be charged $300 for the first month of posting and an additional $150 per each additional month.
Data and Reports on the Profession
APSA offers data and reports on various aspects of the profession.
Visit our data on the profession page for information on employment, political science enrollments, majors, degrees, and more.
The yearly dues for APSA Departmental Memberships vary based on department type and number of faculty. Please see here
to find out rates for yearly dues. Please note that APSA Departmental Memberships run yearly from July 1st
to June 30th
of the following year, and memberships cannot be prorated.
Becoming an APSA Departmental Member does not confer individual memberships to faculty or staff nor does it give individual access to any online individual member benefits. Faculty or staff can purchase individual memberships separately. Please see here for information on individual membership dues.
Have questions? Contact APSA Membership Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.