On September 2, 2015, the APSA Council approved a new standing Committee on First-Generation Higher Education Scholars in the Profession, parallel to the existing APSA status committees. The goal and mission of this committee is to bring focused attention to the ways that class, economic inequality, and mobility can affect political scientists’ ability to thrive educationally and professionally throughout their careers.
- Ricardo Ramirez, University of Notre Dame
- Tom Wong, University of California, San Diego
Term expiring August 31, 2018
Lorrie Frasure-Yokley, University of California, Los Angeles, Chair
- Els De Graauw, CUNY-Baruch
- Pei-te Lien, University of California, Santa Barbara
Term expiring August 31, 2017
Virginia Gray, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Jessica Lavariega-Monforti, Pace University
Please contact [email protected] for more info.
Previous Panels or Roundtables at the APSA Annual Meeting:
- 2016 Roundtable: First Generation Scholars in the Profession Roundtable Discussion