Celebrating 32 Years of Excellence!
About the RBSI Program
Named in honor of the 1950 Nobel Peace Prize winner, former APSA President, and the first African American to receive a PhD in political science, Dr. Ralph J. Bunche, the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute (RBSI) encourages students to pursue academic careers in political science. The RBSI does this by:
- Enhancing writing, research, and analytical skills to increase competitiveness in the application and financial aid process for graduate school;
- Developing statistical skills for data analysis used in political science;
- Exposing participants to the significant questions in the discipline and profession of political science;
- Introducing participants to leading political scientists; and
- Educating participants about political science career opportunities and encouraging their application to doctoral programs in political science.
Learn more about RBSI history.
The 2018 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute Scholars Announced!
The 2018 RBSI Program will take place from May 27 - June 28, 2018 at Duke University. Read more about the 2018 RBSI scholars. Read more about the RBSI program to learn more about what RBSI scholars do.
The 2017 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
The 2017 Ralph Bunche Summer Institute took place at Duke University from May 28-June 29, 2017. Read more about the scholars selected for the program. A recruitment fair was held on June 16, 2017. The RBSI Closing Banquet was held on Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
RBSI Alumni gather at the 2017 National Conference of Black Political Scientists in San Diego
For more information about the Ralph Bunche Summer Institute, please view the program information page.