Spring 2018 Cycle Eligibility Criteria
Fall Cycle Eligibility Criteria
The fall cycle is now closed: Applicants for the MFP Fall Cycle must be undergraduate seniors, recent graduates, or other individuals (including students in terminal MA programs) in the process of applying for PhD programs in political science.
Applicants must also:
- Be a member of one of the following underrepresented racial or ethnic minority groups: African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Latinos/as, American Indians or Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians.
- Demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- At the time of application, be a US citizen, US national, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) at the time of application.
APSA Minority Fellows Program Applicant Checklist
The 2018-2019 APSA Minority Fellows Program Application, Fall Cycle is now closed. The deadline for applications was November 17, 2017.
A complete Fall application includes:
- Completed online application form, which includes fields for personal statement, resume, and list of recommenders.
- Official transcripts (submit online, email, or mail) Provide an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA (postmarked by November 17, 2017).
- Letters of recommendation (submit via email or mail) Three letters of recommendation must be submitted. They can be mailed directly (postmarked by November 17, 2017) to APSA from the recommender or emailed in by the recommender.
GRE score report
(mail) Graduate schools require applicants to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). If you have not taken this exam, please do so as soon as possible. Please request that an official copy of your GRE score report be sent directly to the APSA address below. The APSA ETS code is 3527. Please visit www.ets.org/gre
for more information on the GRE exam.
Official transcripts and letters of recommendations should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed (postmarked by November 17, 2017) to:
APSA Minority Fellows Program
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions about the application process or program can be directed to Annalisa Dias-Mandoly, Program Coordinator for Diversity & Inclusion, at [email protected].