Extended Deadline: January 26, 2018
The 2018 RBSI Program will take place from May 27 - June 28, 2018 at Duke University.
- Applicants must be a member of one of the following underrepresented racial or ethnic minority groups: African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Latinos/as, American Indians or Alaska Natives, and Native Hawaiians, or an individual who is interested in broadening participation in political science by students from underrepresented minority populations and pursuing scholarship on issues affecting underrepresented groups or issues of tribal sovereignty and governance.
- Applicants must be college/university juniors.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- Applicants must be a US citizen, US national, US permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), or an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) at time of application.
Extended Deadline: January 26, 2018.
A complete application includes:
- A 2018 APSA RBSI Program Application (online by applicant): Includes fields for personal statement, resume, and list of recommenders.
- Official Transcripts (upload to application or mail directly to APSA by university/college): Provide an official transcript (that includes 2017 fall semester grades) from each undergraduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA, postmarked no later than January 26, 2018.
- Three letters of recommendation: One from the department chair, and two more from other people who are familiar with the applicant's academic qualifications. Recommender should use the online form to submit their letter of recommendation.
Transcripts should be mailed and postmarked by January 26, 2018 to:
APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions? Contact Kimberly Mealy, PhD, APSA Director of Diversity and Inclusion Programs at [email protected].