The 2017 RBSI Application Cycle is now open.
The 2017 RBSI Program
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
will take place from May 28 - June 29, 2017 at Duke University.
- Applicants must be members of a racial or ethnic minority group that is significantly under-represented in political science, such as African American, Asian Pacific American, Latinos/a, and Native American (federal and state recognized tribes) students, or who are interested in broadening participation in political science by students from under-represented minority populations and pursuing scholarship on issues affecting under-represented groups.
- Applicants must be college/university juniors.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- Applicants must be US citizens at time of application.
A complete application includes:
- A 2017 APSA RBSI Program Application (online by applicant)
- Includes fields for personal statement, resume, and list of recommenders.
- Official Transcripts (upload to application or mail directly to APSA by university/college)
- Provide an official transcript (that includes 2016 fall semester grades) from each undergraduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA, postmarked no later than January 20, 2017.
- Three letters of recommendation. One from the department chair, and two more from other people who are familiar with the applicant's academic qualifications.
- Recommender should use this form to submit their letter of recommendation.
Transcripts should be mailed and postmarked by January 20, 2017 to:
APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions? Contact Kimberly Mealy, PhD, APSA Director of Diversity and Inclusion Programs, [email protected].