The 2017 RBSI Application Cycle is now open.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
The 2017 RBSI Program will take place from May 28 - June 29, 2017 at Duke University.
- Applicants must be members of a racial or ethnic minority group that is significantly under-represented in political science, such as African American, Asian Pacific American, Latinos/a, and Native American (federal and state recognized tribes) students, or who are interested in broadening participation in political science by students from under-represented minority populations and pursuing scholarship on issues affecting under-represented groups.
- Applicants must be college/university juniors.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- Applicants must be US citizens at time of application.
A complete application includes:
- A 2017 APSA RBSI Program Application (online by applicant): Includes fields for personal statement, resume, and list of recommenders.
- Official Transcripts (upload to application or mail directly to APSA by university/college): Provide an official transcript (that includes 2016 fall semester grades) from each undergraduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA, postmarked no later than January 20, 2017.
- Three letters of recommendation: One from the department chair, and two more from other people who are familiar with the applicant's academic qualifications. Recommender should use this form to submit their letter of recommendation.
Transcripts should be mailed and postmarked by January 20, 2017 to:
APSA Ralph Bunche Summer Institute
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions? Contact Kimberly Mealy, PhD, APSA Director of Diversity and Inclusion Programs at [email protected].