Applicants must apply for admission to a political science graduate program for the 2017-2018 school year:
- If you are not admitted for the 2017-2018 year, you may request that your award be deferred for one year, to be administered only if you are admitted to a political science graduate program beginning in Fall 2018. Deferment requests for 2018-19 will be reviewed by the committee. Deferments are not guaranteed.
- If you are not admitted for the 2018-19 year, you will be required to reapply to the MFP.
Applicants must also:
- Be a member of one of the following racial/ethnic minority groups: African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Latinos/as, and Native Americans (federal and state recognized tribes).
- Be college/university seniors, college/university graduates, or students currently enrolled in a Master's program.
- Demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- Be a US citizen at time of application
APSA Minority Fellows Program Applicant Checklist
The 2017-2018 APSA Minority Fellows Program Application (online application form) is
due by the extended deadline of November 1, 2016.
A complete application includes:
- Official transcripts (submit online, email, or mail)
Provide an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA, postmarked no later than November 1, 2016.
- Letters of recommendation (submit via email or mail)
Three letters of recommendation must be submitted. They can be mailed directly to APSA from the recommender or emailed in by the recommender.
- GRE score report (mail)
Graduate schools require applicants to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). If you have not taken this exam, please do so as soon as possible. Please request that an official copy of your GRE score report be sent directly to the APSA address below. The APSA ETS code is 3527. Please visit www.ets.org/gre for more information on the GRE exam.
Official transcripts, letters of recommendations, and GRE Score Report should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed (postmarked by November 1, 2016) to:
APSA Minority Fellows Program
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions about the application process or program can be directed to Annalisa Dias-Mandoly, Program Coordinator for Diversity & Inclusion, at [email protected].