Applicants for the MFP Spring Cycle must be first or second year graduate students, and currently enrolled in a political science PhD program.
- A letter of enrollment verification is required. Please note: Current APSA MFP Fellows are not eligible to apply
Applicants must also:
- Be a member of one of the following racial/ethnic minority groups: African Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Latinos/as, and Native Americans (federal and state recognized tribes).
- Demonstrate an interest in teaching and potential for research in political science.
- Be a US citizen at time of application
APSA Minority Fellows Program Applicant Checklist
The 2017-2018 APSA Minority Fellows Program Application, Spring Cycle is now closed. The application deadline was March 31, 2017.
A complete Spring application includes:
- A letter of enrollment verification. (submit online, email, or mail)
- Official transcripts (submit online, email, or mail)
Provide an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution attended. Institutions may send transcripts directly to APSA (postmarked by March 31, 2017).
- Letters of recommendation (submit via email or mail)
Two letters of recommendation must be submitted. They can be mailed directly (postmarked by March 31, 2017) to APSA from the recommender or emailed in by the recommender.
Official transcripts and letters of recommendations should be emailed to [email protected] or mailed (postmarked by March 31, 2017) to:
APSA Minority Fellows Program
c/o Dr. Kimberly Mealy
American Political Science Association
1527 New Hampshire Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20036-1206
Questions about the application process or program can be directed to Annalisa Dias-Mandoly, Program Coordinator for Diversity & Inclusion, at [email protected].
Please note, Fall cycle applications will also require:
- GRE score report (mail)
Graduate schools require applicants to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). If you have not taken this exam, please do so as soon as possible. Please request that an official copy of your GRE score report be sent directly to the APSA address below. The APSA ETS code is 3527. Please visit www.ets.org/gre for more information on the GRE exam.