The development of service learning programs is becoming more common in today's classroom. By actively participating in service experiences that are directly related to political science courses, students are applying the political knowledge and skills they gain in the classroom and learning first hand the importance of civic engagement. This site has been developed to help faculty and administrators better understand the role service learning can play in university setting.
- Toolkit for Service Learning in Political Science
- Articles and Books
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding and Awards
- Service Learning Programs in Colleges and Universities
- Political Scientists Active in Service Learning
- Organizations and Online Resources
APSA's initiatives on service learning were supported, in part, by a grant from Campus Compact with funding from The Pew Charitable Trusts.