The APSA Mentoring Program will help connect you to scholars and professionals who have volunteered to provide advice, support, and guidance on a wide range of topics within the political science profession. The mentoring program is a member benefit. In order to request an APSA mentor, you must be an APSA member or a current student/faculty member in an APSA member department. For more information about student and faculty membership rates, see APSA membership.
To request an APSA Mentor:
- Submit the online APSA Mentor Request Form
The Mentor Matching Process
On the form, you can specify particular issues and fields of research, teaching, or professional interest for which you are seeking a mentor. Based upon your request, APSA staff will match you with a mentor who best meets your mentoring needs.
- APSA will email you the contact information of a mentor from the volunteer mentor pool.
- You contact the APSA nentor by email:
- When you receive your mentor's contact information, you should contact the mentor with your question(s).
- Mentors are volunteers and have agreed to respond to your contact.
Other Mentoring Resources
APSA has compiled a list of mentoring resources for those seeking a mentor.